POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : unexpected rotation result : unexpected rotation result Server Time
8 Aug 2024 08:11:33 EDT (-0400)
  unexpected rotation result
From: Tom Melly
Date: 5 Feb 2001 05:07:48
Message: <3a7e7b74$1@news.povray.org>
I came across this one the other day (don't know how I'd missed this
"feature" before).

Basically, I expected the two following rotations to be identical:

rotate y * - 45 + 45
rotate y * (- 45 + 45)

However, only the second one limits the rotation to y (the behaviour I
expected), whereas the first rotates y then z. Does this seem odd to anyone
else? Why is the first statement equivalent to <0,-45,45> ? Don't you need
commas and/or chevrons for vectors involving more than one axis?

Confused of Putney.